About this blog

December Full Moon



This cold winter night,
that old wooden-head Buddha  
would make a nice fire
                      Buson

 An early morning eclipse!  A small bite at 5am, by 6:00 the moon was a dusty red globe.    

I am often up at that hour but beyond going out for the newspaper, I don't experience outdoors at that hour very often.  From the deck the sound of the freeway is noticeable in our very quiet neighborhood.  I've often thought about how little I experience our yard during the dark hours since it is so rarely warm enough to sit outside comfortably.  I will try to get outside early again to watch the dawn. 

It has been very cold at night but no rain lately, just a hazy sky.  Many of the plants are confused and blooming--some roses this month, California poppies right now.  I don't feel my usual winter inwardness.  Busy with a computer project, paintings coming along.  By 3 o'clock the sun is low in the sky and I feel the evening coming on, and of course the vegetable garden is ragged and brown, otherwise could be almost any time of year.



No comments:

Post a Comment